1. Information security
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These steps include running a 24/7 web malware monitoring solution, encrypted transmission of electronic data where required/appropriate, up-to-date anti-virus software, regular monitoring of all network traffic and strict access control policies on electronic data. There is also securing of paper files in locked cabinets and physical access restriction to these files.
When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted
2. How We Gather Information
The personal information we actually collect varies depending on the purposes for which it was collected. We understand the requirements of the Protection of Personal information (POPI) act regarding the collection and use of our clients’ personal information. We like to inform you that we are working very hard to achieve what is expected of us by the Protection of Personal information (POPI) act and we also understand the principles of the POPI act which are:
- Processing limitation
- Purpose specification
- Further processing limitation
- Information quality
- Security safeguards and
- Data subject participation
It is our usual practice to collect personal information directly from the individual. From time to time, Wolfpack may also collect personal information from publicly available sources such as our social media platforms or mailing lists, provided that the collection is conducted in a fair and lawful manner, the information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and it would be impracticable or unreasonable for us to collect the information from you. We may also collect anonymous traffic data on our website to improve our services.
3. Vendors, Suppliers, or Other Access to Your Information
Where we do provide your personal information to such external service providers, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that those external service providers comply with the Protection of Personal information (POPI) act when they handle your personal information and are only authorised to use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. The only instance of this currently is our partnership agreement to share submitted CVs with our partner company LR Consulting.
We do not give information about you to government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- You would expect us to or we have told you we will
- We are required to by law;
- We believe on reasonable grounds that disclosure is required to prevent or lessen significant risk to your life or physical, mental or emotional health or that of another person;
- We take appropriate action in relation to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities;
- Disclosure is required to assist any entity, body or person to locate a person who has been reported as missing;
- Disclosure is made for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal or equitable claim; or
- Disclosure is made for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
5. Merger, Acquisition, Sale or Forced Sale
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, investigate or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Wolfpack, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
6. The Cyber Academy Information
The Cyber Academy Certifications are listed on our Cyber Academy website on greywolfskills.com and is considered private information. Published data may only include the commencement date, the duration of the Cyber Academy and courses offered. Details of our students such as names, contact details, exam grades, and certifications are kept private.
7. Log Files
As is true of most web sites, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Wolfpack may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Wolfpack Account.
We use this information to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track how visitors interact with the site.
Cookies are small files that a website transfers to your computer. Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies. Your browser controls will allow you to restrict, block or delete cookies.
- To collect non-identifying statistical information on how many people visit our website, what country/city/region they are from, which browser/operating system they are using and pages viewed on the website.
- To allow functionality for the user within our website.
9. Access to your Personal Information
We encourage you to review your preferences regularly to keep the information current. You may also mail us on email@example.com to edit your information preferences or have your information removed.
10. Newsletters and Promotional Email
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and email communications from Wolfpack, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication. There is an UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of each newsletter email.
11. Links to Other Sites
The Wolfpack web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Wolfpack. Please be aware that Wolfpack is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
12. Information Obtained From Third Parties
Wolfpack does not sell or trade your personal information.
13. Changes to This Privacy Statement
13. Contact Us