Wolfpack's head of Managed Services, Matthew Simon, has compiled six useful tips on how to combat social engineering methods within your organisation, see below:
- Procedures need to be in place, and adhered to by employees.
- Awareness programmes with a focus on social engineering tactics need to be conducted and implemented.
- To achieve the best results, procedures need to be tailored according to company needs.
- Identify what type of information social engineers would target within your organisation.
- Trust your gut. If an individual asks suspicious questions about your organisation, report it to your manager.
- Bestow proprietorship upon your employees.
By: Matthew Simon
Editor: Ashleigh Roach
QA: Richard Rosewarne